Get Email Updates
|Home > About Us|
Jobs and Internships
NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut Foundation
Part-time organizer and volunteer coordinator
The mission of NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut is to support and protect, as a fundamental right and value, a woman’s freedom to make personal decisions regarding the full range of reproductive choices through education, training, organizing, and public policy.
This grant-funded position will also involve working closely with Hartford GYN Center (HGC), the last independent abortion clinic in Connecticut. The mission of Hartford GYN is to provide compassionate abortion care and reproductive health services, inspired by their belief in the autonomy of the individual, and their commitment to strengthening communities and building a better future. They strive for excellence in healthcare provision, and work for reproductive justice and social change.
Both NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut and Hartford GYN Center are deeply committed to all forms of diversity.
- A strong commitment to abortion as a human rights issue.
- Prior related experience preferred including grassroots organizing, communications, and community activism.
- Able to perform a variety of duties and adjust to frequent change.
- Able to work both autonomously and collaboratively within NARAL, our partner organizations, and other community organizations.
- Ability to work sensitively with Hartford GYN Center patients, staff, and neighboring community members.
- Familiarity with social media platforms, basic website maintenance, email, and word-processing programs.
· Promote and encourage connection between NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut and the community.
· Building links between HGC as an independent abortion clinic and "mainstream” healthcare providers to further normalize abortion as part of healthcare.
· Increase the quality and membership of NARAL’s volunteer program by identifying and providing opportunities at HGC, and those that overlap between the two organizations.
· Build the foundation for a robust, interconnected, and mobile volunteer engagement program that promotes the policy work of NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut by connecting it to the work of an independent abortion provider and mainstream healthcare.
· Organizing events to engage community members and to help build a local volunteer base in Hartford.
· Working with staff at HGC and NARAL to help facilitate volunteer training sessions.
Location: This position will primarily be based at our Hartford office, which neighbors Hartford GYN Center. Travel within Hartford and to surrounding towns will be required.
Hours: 15 hours per week (possibility of further hours in the future, depending on funding). Hours will be flexible, but evening and weekend work will be required of the position.
To apply: Please send a resume, names and contact details for three references, and an application letter to: Sarah Croucher, Executive Director, NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut. Email email@example.com, or mail to: NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut, 1 Main Street, Suite T4, Hartford, CT 06106.
Your application letter should include information on your commitment to reproductive rights.
We hope you will join us!