September 19, 2017
Hartford, CT – In the current political climate, support for reproductive rights matters at every level of politics. NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut PAC is proud to endorse candidates running for municipal office from every corner of our state who are vocal in their support for reproductive rights.
At the local level, politicians can support proactive policies such as comprehensive sexual health education. They are the future of pro-choice politics in our state, and NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut PAC is proud to have endorsed a large number of candidates representing many different types of communities. We hope that this municipal endorsement process will help drive forward evidence-based policies supporting reproductive rights in the future.
“Ensuring women have access to, and control over, their reproductive health is an issue at the federal, state, and local level,” says NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut PAC President Jillian Gilchrest. “We are so pleased to be building the bench of pro-choice candidates and supporting local reproductive rights and healthcare issues with our inaugural municipal endorsements.”
Candidates may continue to be endorsed until October 1, 2017. Endorsement information can be found at our website: www.reprorightsct.org.
Endorsement list of NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut PAC:
NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut PAC endorses the following candidates for municipal office in November 2017. Endorsements are given only to candidates who are deemed by the NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut PAC to be 100% pro-choice. Endorsements are listed by town, with offices sought and party listed with candidate names.
- Sam Norman (D), Town Council
- Greg Alprin (D), RTM District 10
- Dru Georgiadis (D), RTM District 9
- Laura Karson (D), RTM District 10
- Lisa Winjum (D), RTM District 10
- Brandon Webster (D), Board of Education
- Yolanda Castillo (D), Board of Directors
- Pamela Floyd Cranford (D), Board of Directors
- Sarah Jones (D), Board of Directors
- Tracy Maio (D), Board of Education
- Rita Hennessey (D), Board of Education
- Nija Phelps (D), 1st District Board of Aldermen
- Anthony Sutton (D), 4th District Board of Aldermen
- Merrill Gay (D), Mayor
- Charles Decker (D), Ward 9 Alder
- Mitch Goldblatt (D), Selectman
- Tina Manus (D), 10th District Councilor
- Carl D’Amato (Green), Representative Town Meeting
- Joshua Kelly (D & Green), Representative Town Meeting
- Baird Welch-Colins (Green), Representative Town Meeting
- Shari Cantor (D), Town Council
- Cheryl Greenberg (D), Board of Education
- Beth Kerrigan (D), Town Council
- Liam Sweeney (D), Town Council
- Ben Wenograd (D), Town Council
- Melissa Kane (D), First Selectman
- Rob Simmelkjaer (D), Second Selectman
# # #
About NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut PAC
The PAC works to support politicians who are in favor of pro-choice legislation and defend against anti-choice legislation at the state capitol, believing strongly that all women have the right to access the full range of reproductive choices including preventing unintended pregnancy, bearing healthy children, and choosing legal abortion.